Dissertation meter update. Cut some stuff out. Once again, it’s measured in seconds. I’m thinking about changing the meter so that it’s reflecting pieces after awhile, since the target number is 15. A five minute limit per piece is somewhat artificial, since some are slightly less, and some are slightly more. But I’m not sure how I’d numerically represent pieces in progress. Halves, thirds, and quarters are easily done. The problem comes in when I’ve got something like 13 seconds. (A good day, considering I had some code tweaking to do.) Anyway:

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
654 / 4,500

14.5%)

I’ve got a ton of progress to be made this summer…like 3 minutes per week of music. I badly need to upgrade my computer (currently a 1.2 ghz Athlon thunderbird), but am afraid of downtime. Yet having it take one hour per minute of music isn’t exactly helping my productivity. And then there’s still the financial aid business, which I can’t get an answer for. Oh and then there’s the overhanging job search, since I hope to be done this year. Gack. Just thinking about everything that needs to happen this year is enough to make my brain freeze.

I know. Lilies of the field, and sufficient for today being its own evil. Sorry for my brevity lately, but I’ll try to post something of more substance when things aren’t so busy.

Advertisements

~ by Jen on May 29, 2007.

 
%d bloggers like this: