7 Things I’ve Learned from Minecraft
I like big sandbox games, where one can wander, explore, or completely ignore the main quest line, if there is one. So games like Terraria and Minecraft fit that bill. Recently I’ve been playing Minecraft, and it doesn’t disappoint, as it’s designed to be an incredibly big sandbox. Some things I’ve learned:
1. Don’t dig straight down. You’ll fall into lava.
2. Don’t dig straight up. You’ll dump water, gravel, or lava on your head.
3. You really can’t swim in lava. Don’t even try.
4. Don’t fear the creeper.
5. Unless you build out of obsidian, creepers will blow it up.
6. Creeper craters can make decorative lakes.
7. Don’t be greedy. If you have a handful of diamonds, a few stacks of redstone, and some gold ore, go back to your house, base, or chest. Don’t tempt fate with a full inventory of valuable stuff, because you’ll fall into lava.
Murphy’s Law, thy name is Minecraft.